We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 13 Posts
    Hi,

I'm fairly new to modx - building my first site with revolution and loving it so far (after getting up the steep ladder of understanding the ACLs ;-) ).

Now I've a problem where I have the following setup that should occur quite often:

A container called News plus two templates: News Overview and News Article.

When I now create a new document in the News container, the News Overview template is preselected as this is the one associated with the News container.

What I rather want is to have the News Article template as the preselected one.

As far as I understand what I read in the forums, in modx evolution, there was a plugin called Template Rules or the "inherit Parents and Sibling Plugin" that achieved this in evolution.

But how do I get this working in revolution?

I tried searching the forums, maybe I missed sth., but I haven't found an answer to this :-( (I did found this thread: http://forums.modx.com/index.php?topic=49784.0 but did not found a solution in it)

So if you have any ideas or tips, please help a modx newbie smiley

Thanks a lot in advance

Chris [ed. note: chris@crnm last edited this post 12 years, 8 months ago.]
      • 13 Posts
      Ok,

found the solution smiley

I had a custom form field set for create resource with bindings to the template I was trying to preselect. Instead of doing this, I had to use template (empty/0), and as a constraint I used parent and as constraint value the id of the parent.

Now, under modx-resource-settings->template I defined the value of the template that should be preselected. Pretty hard to find out that there is a editable field there under value. Double click arround in the right column until a textarea shows up smiley Enter the value of the template set that should be preselected there.

By working on this I also found the option to change the labels for predefined fields like pagetitle. Damn cool and exactly what you want to customize the backend smiley
      [ed. note: chris@crnm last edited this post 12 years, 8 months ago.]