We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • Well I was a little shocked after setting up Quip using recaptcha I wanted to test sending a comment (using a different browser / not logged in) but decided to leave the recaptcha field empty, expecting it to bug me about it. I got this:

Your comment has been submitted, and is now awaiting moderation. You will receive an email when your comment has been approved.

I then checked on the manager and sure enough, it had taken the message despite me leaving the recaptcha field completely empty.

My exact process (in case it matters) if you want to try to reproduce this was:

- Entered a name
    - Used an email address where I do have a gravatar setup
    - Left the website entry empty
    - Typed in a random comment
    - Left the recaptcha box empty.
    - Preview (I have quip configured to force a preview before posting).

When it loads my preview, I left recaptcha box empty again and then I post the comment. So it seems as if quip is ignoring recaptcha.

Here is my actual snippet call:

[[!Quip?
        &thread=`blog-post-[[*id]]`
        &replyResourceId=`15`
        &closeAfter=`0`
      ]]
      <br /><br />
      [[!QuipReply?
         &thread=`blog-post-[[*id]]`
         &moderate=`1`
         &moderatorGroup=`Moderators`
         &closeAfter=`0`
         &recaptcha=`1`
         &disableRecaptchaWhenLoggedIn=`0`
         &requirePreview=`1`
      ]]

I hope someone else can reproduce and confirm if this is in fact a bug.
      • 24,544 Posts
      Were you logged in as a member of the Moderators group? It's possible that the reCaptcha challenge is ignored for moderators.
        Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
      • Nope I was not, as I said in my original post, I opened a different web browser. I was surfen as any other annonymous user would.