We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1 Posts
    Hello all,

I am trying to include some flash content into a web site I designed which I want to convert to MODx, but can't seem to get it to work, I just get debug messages, as far as I am aware I am specifying the correct paths and everything but it could be a simple parsing problem, I am new to MODx Revo but have played about with MODx Evo before, any advice about this would be greatly appreciated.

In a nutshell I have converted the original webpage and broken it up into chunks like Header(doctype and meta tags), Masthead(top navigation), Topbar(additional links for facebook, twitter, etc), Top content(This contains the flash banner that I am having problems with), Footer(The footer text), and benchmark(I use this to see the page load times)

I haven't converted the the main content block yet but that would be the typical [[*content]] tag for my page body

The Flash Banner I am using at the moment has been downloaded from one of the many free flash banner sites but I will be adding my own flash banner once it is completed.

So I guess the question I am asking is, can I easily add javascript to an arbitrary area on my web page in MODx Revo, I have looked at the wiki pages and have found out that I can add Javascript into the head section of my site and just before the closing body section but what about this banner, I need to add it at a specific place on the page.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated

Thanks for reading this long post

Jon

p.s. I have added some related information to my sig but for some reason I cannot see it
    so the details are as follows:-

Live server setup (hosted by justhost.com)
    Server Software: Apache/2.2.19 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.19 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635
    PHP version: 5.2.17
    MySQL version: 5.1.56 Perl version: 5.8.8
    MODx version: 2.1.3.pl [ed. note: edjon2000 last edited this post 12 years, 8 months ago.]
      Live server setup (hosted by justhost.com)
      Server Software: Apache/2.2.19 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.19 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635
      PHP version: 5.2.17
      MySQL version: 5.1.56 Perl version: 5.8.8
      MODx version: 2.1.3.pl

• 863 Posts
      can I easily add javascript to an arbitrary area on my web page in MODx Revo
      Yes, you can add it anywhere and it will work just as if it were on a static html page.

If you post a link to your site and/or your template it might help, otherwise we have no idea what might have gone wrong smiley
        • 40 Posts
        With your own flash banner you can simply make it it's own chunk and name it whatever:
        flash-landingBanner

Then call it when ever, where ever you want:

[[$flash-landingBanner]]

For me what I've done is drop that call right into my css place holder in the corresponding page template.
        I also find it helpful to wrap the flash code in it's own div tag so I get an extra layer of styling if I need it.
        (inside my chunk):
        <div id="flash">
        <!--flv call code here-->
        </div>

As far as I know you can do the same for a block of javascript or most anything.
        I'm not positive this is what you are looking for but I hope it helps smiley [ed. note: whitesphynx last edited this post 12 years, 7 months ago.]
          MODx helps me stay in the white