We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 73 Posts
    I would like to set up a resource type so that inside it, I can output a list, say, a HTML unordered list.

I hope I can use a TV for that, so as to enter just the items of that list for each resource, with some chunks or output modifiers doing the formatting, like inserting <ul> and <li> tags.

Yeah, right. I am looking for a TV-based solution that gives me, when editing a resource, a text field to enter a list item, and a button "Add another item" or so, including a mechanism to set the tags to be wrapped around each item and around the complete list.

I have not yet seen how to do that - what would be an appropriate input type, what would the input options need to look like? And the output options? That would be just so cool!

Or will I have to do it without TVs? How do you guys handle inputting list items? Typing the <li> tags in the content fields is just so lame when you have something so mighty as TVs around.

Any hint would take me a big step up the learning curve, I guess smiley [ed. note: neo2.0 last edited this post 12 years, 8 months ago.]
      PHP illiterate MODx enthusiast
    • Migx will allow you to do this.

http://modx.com/extras/package/migx

Here's the documentation

http://rtfm.modx.com/display/ADDON/MIGX

Hope that gets you in the right direction.
        Benjamin Marte
        Interactive Media Developer
        Follow Me on Twitter | Visit my site | Learn MODX
        • 73 Posts
        Hi benmarte,

I have already stumbled over Migx - it's a monster. I have hoped that there would surely be a simpler way of doing it, but...

I'm sure Migx and I will become good friends smiley

By the way, if anyone knows some simpler way of putting tags around list items, please go ahead and tell us!

Thx, Rene
          PHP illiterate MODx enthusiast