We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 277 Posts
    Hi
    today moved my first modx revolution website from mampPro to a life server. It almost took me half the afternoon, which is extremely annoying. I've done it exactly the way it is recommended at RTF, but I finally had to alter the namespace_path in core/cache/action_map/mgr/actions.cache.php manually to be able to use the manager again. I find this extremely user unfriendly since in evo one has to press two buttons to reset all the path's properly.

Is there any solution on track to make this process easier? Or is there maybe another way to move an installation from one server to another?

Cheers
    Beat
    • Just run setup in upgrade mode after you move the installation, which will set the paths, clear the cache, and truncate the sessions table for you. Manually clearing the cache (and possibly truncating the sessions table) is an alternative approach after following all the manual changes at RTFM.