We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 73 Posts
    Hello friends,

I wanted to setup a staging server so i copied production site files and DB to new server.
    when i entered URL it shows blank page NO ERRORS. i tried to find whats going wrong and i found that it fails to initialize
    at $modx->initialize('web');
    I want to know how can i check errors thrown ?? i tried error_reporting(E_ALL); is there any other way or custom code which can show me errors ?
      • 428 Posts
      Hello,

I don't know if you already followed this tutorial: http://rtfm.modx.com/display/revolution20/Moving+Your+Site+to+a+New+Server but be sure to update the new database with your new paths informations.
        Intégrateur web freelance
        • 863 Posts
        Can you log in to the manager to check the error log there?

Also, after transferring to the new server did you run setup again (in update mode)? This is usually needed to ensure the core paths are updated.
        • Quote from: amitpatil at Aug 23, 2011, 12:03 PM
          Hello friends,
          I want to know how can i check errors thrown ?? i tried error_reporting(E_ALL); is there any other way or custom code which can show me errors ?

Most errors should be recorded in your core/cache/logs/error.log or your Apache error_log (if your server is configured with log_errors enabled and display_errors disabled).
            • 73 Posts
            @jen : I have allready followed this tutorial http://rtfm.modx.com/display/revolution20/Moving+Your+Site+to+a+New+Server
            also few others

@lucas : i am not able to login to manager...I think i need to update it again...that will be a good option instead of playing...thanks for the great idea

@opengeek : No error is logged i think may be because modx error logging module is not running.