We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 5,888 Posts
    Hi,

I’m working on a CMP which can do somthing like you are searching for.
    At this time its special for one table, but I think we can make that more flexible for different resource-classes.
    I found a way how we can link TVs (types, default-values, options - also with bindings and so on) to table-fields on form-panel-tabs.
    Also custom-input-types like my imagelist or multiitems-TVs are working.
    I’m struggling still with richtext-TVs. But I’m sure I will find a way.

See screenshot here: http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,56142.msg322586.html#msg322586
      -------------------------------

you can buy me a beer, if you like MIGX

http://webcmsolutions.de/migx.html

Thanks!
      • 1,613 Posts
      Very interesting, as a Evo user now playing with Revo i must say i like Revo allot but it can use some improvements.
      Im so glad I tried Modx a couple of years ago.

My biggest struggle atm. is the User Management system, adding a new subadmin went ok, less access permissions for some users is a struggle.
      I do see the flexability but still it can be made less hard to understand.

Futher things i noticed and also prolly are mentioned in previous posts;
      - better tabbing for Resources
      - increase speed for backend

Evolution user, I like the back-end speed and simplicity smiley
      • I was just thinking of something: Most of the times, we use the main resource content only to drop a chunk or a snippet call but no html markup.

It would be nice to allow snippets to override the main content textarea and propose its own UI instead.
          • 1,613 Posts
          [EVO] (of REV too?)

What I really mis on almost every project is that i have, lets say right column, that is on every webpage.
          {{chunk-right-column}}

And into that column there is some info that needs to be able to be changed by the client.
          Then the client/publisher has to go to chunks and then use tinymce editor to change the text or images.
          Sometimes I have over 40 chunks and the client / publisher has trouble finding it, he can change all kind of other chunks, etc etc.

Isn't it possible to make a section just like chunks where u can put these with standard tinymce so clients can only go to that section / tab and not the basic chunks (for design/coding)?

Does anyone agree on this? [ed. note: fourroses666 last edited this post 12 years, 6 months ago.]
          • This is a common scenario and the solution is using TVs to select or edit chunks. Where the chunks will be inherited you would at @INHERIT to the tv as the default and set the chunks on the TVs on the parent docs. There have been other strategies like custom tvs that list all the available chunks with draggable ordering etc. I'd start a new thread for strategies for that.
              Author of zero books. Formerly of many strange things. Pairs well with meats. Conversations are magical experiences. He's dangerous around code but a markup magician. BlogTwitterLinkedInGitHub
              • 1,613 Posts
              Thank you, yes that draggable slipped my mind too, (Revolution).
              So if I understand correct, when I change that TV (with richtext) on page A, then that TV is changed on page B too?
                • 3 Posts
                I'm sorry to say that, but Revo User Management is Evil. Smells like Drupal and Typo mixed together. Lots of fancy names. Lots of strange steps. I'd like it to be straightforward like online shopping in amazon is. One path to follow, progress is indicated, everything is explained and you do not have to jump to system settings to set another value for "allow root" (what the hell is that I'd ask).

If it's not easy to completely redesign, maybe there can be some predefined users, who simply need to be activated? Please guys, make it simple.
                • @nomorota,

We will be making improvements to Revo's user permissions and management as well as do a better job of showing how to use it. Thanks for your feedback.
                    Author of zero books. Formerly of many strange things. Pairs well with meats. Conversations are magical experiences. He's dangerous around code but a markup magician. BlogTwitterLinkedInGitHub
                    • 40 Posts
                    Love to hear that Jay. It's a bit tedious to do large amounts of user groups at this time. Some easy to implement permissions available like EE's check boxes when viewing a resource maybe?

Revo improves so fast it's a great thing. I just did a new install of 2.2 and the back end looks heck of a lot different then just 2.xx
                      MODx helps me stay in the white