We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 9 Posts
    Hi all!
    I am a newbee in cms stuff, so my question is very simple.
    Is it possible to browse through the pages somehow without using the tree?
    Is there any other manager available? If my site has 10000 news pages for example? 100 000?
    I guess it will not be easy to see them all at once?
      • 9 Posts
      I mean admin panel. Some document browsing system of Joomla kind.
        • 1,097 Posts
        We call it the "Manager".

There are improvements in the upcoming 0.9.5 but even 0.9.2.1 has a search facility which makes it easier to find pages.

Don’t forget also that having logged into Manager you can switch over to the actual site, navigate there and then use QuickEdit to perform many functions on the "frontend".
          No, I don't know what OpenGeek's saying half the time either.
          MODx Documentation: The Wiki | My Wiki contributions | Main MODx Documentation
          Forum: Where to post threads about add-ons | Forum Rules
          Like MODx? donate (and/or share your resources)
          Like me? See my Amazon wishlist
          MODx "Most Promising CMS" - so appropriate!
          • 358 Posts
          Quote from: nikolay at Oct 12, 2006, 03:10 PM
          I mean admin panel. Some document browsing system of Joomla kind.
          I miss that too! I have a site with 500 pages, but already I really feel the need to be able to browse documents and other recourses in about the same way as in Mambo/Joomla. Not to replace current system, but to use as an alternate way of browsing recourses.

I been thinking quite a lot of this, and I have in my mind an idea how it should look in MODx, I’ll post that in the wishlist when I get the time smiley

(Btw, I had to do some work on an old Mambo site today, didn’t like it at all, but it was easy to browse documents tongue )
            • 9 Posts
            Quote from: PaulGregory at Oct 12, 2006, 05:02 PM

Don’t forget also that having logged into Manager you can switch over to the actual site, navigate there and then use QuickEdit to perform many functions on the "frontend".

I tried to make use of QuickEdit in Internet Explorer and could not get it working. All buttons are unpushable.
            And a friend of mine got the same result on her computer.
            Mozilla also did not work well for me . I am using IE 6 and Mozilla 1.7.5.
              • 9 Posts
              Finally, I decided to wait for a final release of 1.0.
              Hope that all problems will be fixed!
              I feel that your cms is already very good and has extremely high potential.
              However, just one more note: I guess that additional modules / snippets are very important for many users like me who cannot compose hundreds of code lines per day. IMHO, it would be great if you could improve their presentation style. Could you work out some kind of hierarchy maybe? Like manager tree? wink
                • 4,213 Posts
                Resources can be categorized in the manager in next release if that’s what you mean. 1.0 takes it further.

"He can have a lollipop any time he wants to. That's what it means to be a programmer."
                • After using the betas for a week or two, I use the categories extensively. It’s hard to imagine going back to everything just being in one big jumble! Now if things could be in more than one category... like "sidebar" and "user management" for the chunk for the weblogin form!
                    Studying MODX in the desert - http://sottwell.com
                    Tips and Tricks from the MODX Forums and Slack Channels - http://modxcookbook.com
                    Join the Slack Community - http://modx.org
                    • 1,193 Posts
                    Quote from: sottwell at Oct 14, 2006, 04:45 AM

After using the betas for a week or two, I use the categories extensively. It’s hard to imagine going back to everything just being in one big jumble! Now if things could be in more than one category... like "sidebar" and "user management" for the chunk for the weblogin form!

second that motion.

-sD-
                      Husband, Father, Brother, Son, Programmer, Atheist, Nurse, Friend, Lover, Fighter.
                      All of the above... in no specific order.

I send pointless little messages
                    • Quote from: nikolay at Oct 13, 2006, 09:56 PM

Finally, I decided to wait for a final release of 1.0.
                      Hope that all problems will be fixed!
                      I feel that your cms is already very good and has extremely high potential.
                      You’ll likely be waiting quite a while. We have at least one planned release slated before 1.0. I find MODx much more capable in it’s pre-1.0 state than most others. That doesn’t mean that MODx is the right answer to all website problems though. smiley
                        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
                        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me