We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 253 Posts
    Here is a japanese language file for Tech Preview 3.2.
    This is encoded by utf-8.
    It’s maybe not perfect, and if you have some ideas how to fix it, please notice to this topic.

in japanese.
    日本語化ファイルです。コメント大歓迎です。
    end of japanese comment.
    • Thank you eastbind. laugh
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 429 Posts
        Thank you,eastbind.
        ------
        日本語ファイルありがとうございます。
        EUC-JPで途中まで作っていたのですが、翻訳苦手だったので助かります。
        早速、EUC-JPに変換して利用させて頂きました。 laugh
          • 1,131 Posts
          こんにちは! MODx のフォーラムへの歓迎! 貢献をありがとう!

I don’t know Japanese. But from what I entered into the Babel Fish page at AltaVista, that is supposed to say:

"Hello! Welcome to the MODx forums! Thanks for contributing!"

I’m guess that the "hello" part would be "kanechiwa". At any rate, thanks for contributing...much appreciated! smiley

Jeff
            Jeff Whitfield

"I like my coffee hot and strong, like I like my women, hot and strong... with a spoon in them."
            • 1,131 Posts
            Quote from: zero_07 at Sep 13, 2005, 11:01 AM

日本語ファイルありがとうございます。
            EUC-JPで途中まで作っていたのですが、翻訳苦手だったので助かります。
            早速、EUC-JPに変換して利用させて頂きました。 laugh

Translation for Babel Fish:
            "The Japanese file thank you. With EUC-JP being to make to the middle, it does, but being translation to be poor, it is saved. Promptly, converting to EUC-JP, you utilized."

Hmm....
              Jeff Whitfield

"I like my coffee hot and strong, like I like my women, hot and strong... with a spoon in them."
              • 429 Posts
              Thank you for the translation.
              I cannot write well because I am not good at English.
              This Japanese file was glad for me.
                • 577 Posts
                nope, try again smiley

translation by Carsten fish tongue

Thank you for the Japanese file.
                ( I ) was in the middle of making the file. (errr, bad language usage -- should have written it so that it would have said, "I was in the process of translating the file.")
                ( I ) hate translating so ( it ) was helpful.
                ( I ) promptly converted the file to EUC-JP and ( I’m ) now using ( it ).

loads of parenthesis to file in the subjects of the sentence. Daily conversation basically avoids the use of the subject in sentences.

the bulit in widget for 10.4 tiger would probably have given a similar translation as babelfish.

EUC-JP is the default characterset for M$
                Shift-JIS is the default characterset for macOS.
                UTF-8 is still limited in support at best (macs tend to do a better job)
                However, google japan does use UTF-8 ... wonder if it will ever catch on huh
                the iso 2022-jp set is still limited.

So, because M$ is the defualt system EUC-JP is stil the choice (be it right or wrong).

I personally would like to see Apple and Microsoft decide on one characterset and just use it. errrrrrrrrrr petty fiefdoms!
                  Tangent-Warrior smiley
                  • 577 Posts
                  zero_07 pretty good English!

I can understand how you feel in regards to translation. I hate doing it because of all the nuances. However, I prefer verbal translation.

英語を頑張って!
                  外国語をしゃべるのはなかなか難しいですね!

:)
                    Tangent-Warrior smiley
                    • 253 Posts
                    Hi, Carsten.

What a nice comment!
                    I think you have a very good Japanese teacher close.

About encoding in japanese environments.
                    EUC-JP is mainly used in *nix, *bsd. EUC means abbreviation of "Extended Unix Code".
                    Shift-JIS is used in User Interfaces of Windows and Macintosh OS.
                    Windows (98/NT/2000/XP) kernel and MacOS X process in UCS2(16bit UNICODE) internally.
                    UTF-8 is used in New Linux Distributions, like FedoraCore 4, RHEL4, etc.
                    I have decided to use UTF-8 for Web development chiefly, on ANY platforms.
                    Because, it’s a best method which does not have character conversion forced on several applications. wink
                    • Hello carsten and eastbind,

Do you think you could update the Japanese translation to us the new language file template?

Thanks!
                        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
                        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me