We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 22 Posts
    Thanx, maybe i switch to the database method. It should be really easy now to include this in de installation.

I already liked MODx but with this excelent support i love it!!! (I hope my wife does’nt read this...)
      • 788 Posts
      Making the manager folder name dynamic would actually be upgrading as opposed to hacking I think, as there are many locations throughout the manager files, snippets, plugins, etc where the manager path is hard coded so the only way I know of is to manually change the paths to allow the name to be edited easily...

I actually have a working version already but there are quite a few files that still have to be checked and altered. To get the front end parser and the back end manager to all find the folder name required the folder name variable be placed in the root index (or whatever you rename it to).php and also the config file, but it’s not a big ordeal to edit.

I’ll keep ya’ll in the loop as to the progress cool
        xforum
        http://frsbuilders.net (under construction) forum for evolution
        • 3,250 Posts
        Great work breezer!
          • 788 Posts
          Thanks wink

Just a quick note that the instructions attached to my previous post have been updated, there were 2 more files which needed modification to enable the preview windows to show the correct files.

Update on the renaming the manager folder - the files in the actions/dynamic & static folder are done (17 in all) and a few snippets have been modified so far. Once I get my files modified I’ll grab the newest zip and get some instructions put together. I have some questions about the fckeditor so I’ll probably start a new thread for this subject soon.
            xforum
          • breezer, if you can please try to 2x check the latest SVN trunk for the manger work against your changes... also, would it make sense to add a new constant to the config file to represent the manager folder name/location?

Great job my man... thanks!
              Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
              Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
              • 788 Posts
              I think what I’ll do is get the newest version (probably end of this next week) and do a stock install on another test site and add the modifications... pretty sure I saved that svn link post to my favs so that shouldn’t be a problem.

Adding a constant to the config.inc.php is actually how I got it to work wink but I also had to add it to the top of the root index.php (or whatever you rename it to). I added a new constant named $manager_folder_name and it must match in both places.

The only modifications I’m making to the files are the places where the manager is hard coded into the paths so there are actually no major changes, but snippets and any other modules or plugins which have a hard coded path will have to be altered as well.

On the subject of renaming the index.php file, I just discovered that If you change the file name (mine is modx.php) when you just browse to the directory you get the NOT INSTALLED page. I’ll get a fix for that too.
                xforum