We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 11 Posts
    Hi. I think that i found bug in UserComments snippet- When I add some comment, and then refresh site, then snippet add another (the same content) comment- try to imagine, what can lamer do, when he turns on auto reload-feature in opera :/
    Powered by MODx 0.9 (rev 1005)., Opera 9.01 (i`ll try on other browsers later),Linux, server- LAMP - I don`t give link from security reasons- but for MODx Team I can give via PM.
      • 4,213 Posts
      I think it as a feature, not a bug smiley

Because this is what happens in any form data you post and then refresh the browser, it posts the data again. It depends of the application if it’s going to do checking for double data send and have some mechanism to figure out if it’s the same or not and if there needs to be some delay between posts etc..

You could try Replix snippet for your usercommenting to see if it has features to prevent spamming. I don’t know if it has or not, but I know that it’s much more advanced snippet. It can also store the comments in a XML file so they wont mess up your document content or clutter site tree.

EDIT: BTW, this is on wrong forum..

"He can have a lollipop any time he wants to. That's what it means to be a programmer."
        • 3,975 Posts
        I agree with Doze, its not a bug but actually a browser feature. Its nothing to do with MODx nor UserComments snippet.

Topic moved and renamed.

regards.

zi
          Zaigham R - MODX Professional | Skype | Email | Twitter

Digging the interwebs for #MODX gems and bringing it to you. modx.link
          • 4,213 Posts
          And just a small add: if you use captcha in the form, I believe it also prevents this because it changes on every pageload..

"He can have a lollipop any time he wants to. That's what it means to be a programmer."