We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 41 Posts
    Hi,
    I am playing around with this great piece of software for the first time and I need little help here.

I have enabled the option to generate friendly url from title automatically but now the issue is, it replaces spaces with _ (underscore) but I want - (hyphen) instead of underscore.

Can anyone tell me which part of code should I edit to make it hyphen?

Thanks
    Deep

P.S. One suggestion, why not make friendly url option make like Wordpress?
      Deep Ganatra
      Web1 Solutions
    • The cleansing of friendly URL’s was modeled after WordPress originally; someone snuck in the change from replacing spaces with - to _ just before release of 0.9.2 (and 0.9.2.1). It has been corrected and will be in the next release. See solutions and more information here.

If you mean the automatic generation of the .htaccess file like WordPress, this has also been discussed both here and here.
        • 41 Posts
        Excellent support...thanks a lot..

I fixed it by modifying the function in file save_content.processor.php

About Wordpress like Friendly URL options, I meant 2 things, 1. Automatic generation of rules and 2nd option to add any kind of rule, i.e. I can add _,- or whatever I want from the admin panel...

But for now, your link fixed my problem smiley

Thanks
        Deep
          Deep Ganatra
          Web1 Solutions
          • 9 Posts

Sounds like a good post for the wishlist section. I’d like to see the ability to change the seperator from within the manager myself (though editing the file isn’t a necessarily a big deal.)