We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 3 Posts
    Hello
    I am having a problem and i hope for the solution from this forum.
    The case is, I am developing a site using MODx in japanese language.
    I have set character encoding to be used as shift_js in administration settings of manager.
    Everything is perfect. I can create template, documents and can launch site.
    I can see website in japanease as well.
    However, i am using English version of server and MySQL with default collation of Latin1

Now, when I upload and transfer database to production server which is japanese version of server.
    I am not getting correct document contents.
    there is about 100s of documents i have created in local server which works fine but in production server it does not.
    I don’t want to re-create document instead if there is any way to transfer my database with correct documents contents.
    Please suggest me !
    I guess this is because of mysql server collation and character set, but not getting any clue how to fix this problem?
    I thanks to you all in advance.
    Thank you
      • 155 Posts
      Could this probably help?
      http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/4.1/en/charset-connection.html

I have used this for transferring between UTF-8 and ISO-8859-1 for german Umlaute (= ü,ö,ä,etc).
      You have to use (example) ’latin-1’ for ISO-8859-1, I don’t know what’s for you...’shift_js’ probably.

Boby

PS: I’m not 100% sure if this will help.
        ...my Photo Gallery on Flickr...