We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 41 Posts
    I know I am missing something obvious, but I am setting up NewsPublisher and NewsListing- the idea is an authorized webuser posts, document appears, etc.

WHy is it only able to post an unpublished document? I see this line in the newsListing snippet:

$showPublishedOnly = isset($pubOnly) ? $pubOnly : true;
    // allows you to show unpublished docs if needed for some reason...

But, this is phrased as if it would be unusual for the news post of an authorized webuser to appear without someone going through Manager to publish...

Am I missing something? I feel I either need to declare something in NewsPublish or in the webuser management, but it is not obvious to me what I need to do for someone to hit publish and that doc becomes publically accessible.
      • 190 Posts
      No, you’re misunderstanding that sentence. By default, only published documents will be shown. If you set it to ’false’, it becomes possible to also show unpublished docs. See?

Also I think it’s better if you use Ditto instead of Newslisting.

Thanks for MODx - I love it!
        • 41 Posts
        Got it- I’ll try Ditto, although my blog somehow seems to have miraculously fixed itself (after causing a harrowing crash). I see what that line is saying... it just seemed the only slightly relevant answer to an issue wherein every newspost was defaulting to ’unpublished’ upon creation...