We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 11 Posts
    Hi? How can I delete quickedit module from my site? IMHO thats stupid and useless feature- I`ve already delete from manager that module, but in frondend I`ve still got that module :/
      • 4,213 Posts
      You just need to disable the plugin and it wont show up anymore, no need to delete it. (resources > plugins > quickedit > check disable plugin > save)

"He can have a lollipop any time he wants to. That's what it means to be a programmer."
        • 11 Posts
        ekhm.... and If I already delete it? what should I do?
          • 7,075 Posts
          Quote from: Krzyzak at Aug 09, 2006, 09:55 AM
          Hi? How can I delete quickedit module from my site? IMHO thats stupid and useless feature- I`ve already delete from manager that module, but in frondend I`ve still got that module :/

I don’t think using "stupid" and "useless" is appropriate regarding QuickEdit >:( , which happens to simply be one of the very best frontend editing tool around.

You might not need it, not like it, but using the words "stupid" and "useless" is simply not acceptable. Respect other’s work, and unless you have something better to offer, you might just be more humble to start with tongue I’ll put that on the account of english not being your mother tongue...
            .: COO - Commerce Guys - Community Driven Innovation :.

MODx est l'outil id
            • 1,097 Posts
            Krzyzak, some might say that you are stupid.
            Fair enough, in your opinion it’s useless to you. I happen to dislike the "Edit This Item" links as they mess up the layout, and I just use the QuickEdit bar.

How exactly did you delete it from the manager? If you just deleted the files, upload them again and use the correct disable procedure.
              No, I don't know what OpenGeek's saying half the time either.
              MODx Documentation: The Wiki | My Wiki contributions | Main MODx Documentation
              Forum: Where to post threads about add-ons | Forum Rules
              Like MODx? donate (and/or share your resources)
              Like me? See my Amazon wishlist
              MODx "Most Promising CMS" - so appropriate!
              • 11 Posts
              I don’t think using "stupid" and "useless" is appropriate regarding QuickEdit , which happens to simply be one of the very best frontend editing tool around.

You might not need it, not like it, but using the words "stupid" and "useless" is simply not acceptable. Respect other’s work, and unless you have something better to offer, you might just be more humble to start with I’ll put that on the account of english not being your mother tongue...

Ekhm... sorry, but I didn`t want to offend (that`s maybe not good word -I`ve used translator:) ), but told, that I don`t need it- and I don`t really like, when some of features are force enabled- that`s one of reasons, why I use modx. Once again sorry.
              So, could You tell me, how can I now disable it?
              //Edit.
              Krzyzak, some might say that you are stupid.
              I didn`t have intention to make You angry- that wasn`t direct translation :/
              I happen to dislike the "Edit This Item" links as they mess up the layout, and I just use the QuickEdit bar.
              Yeah, "Edit this" is my problen.
              How exactly did you delete it from the manager? If you just deleted the files, upload them again and use the correct disable procedure.
              Manager->Modules->Delete
              • There is a plugin and a module. When I want to shut them off I disable both, just to be sure.

Go to manager -> modules, click on the little blue box next to QuickEdit, choose Edit from the menu, and check the "module disabled" box. Save. Do the same for Resources -> plugins, quickedit.

You can also simply delete them if you like, and also delete its folder from assets/modules.
                  Studying MODX in the desert - http://sottwell.com
                  Tips and Tricks from the MODX Forums and Slack Channels - http://modxcookbook.com
                  Join the Slack Community - http://modx.org
                  • 1,097 Posts
                  Krzyzak, in case it’s not clear, you’ve removed the module but not the plugin. You must also remove the plugin.

Quote from: Krzyzak at Aug 09, 2006, 10:55 AM

I happen to dislike the "Edit This Item" links as they mess up the layout, and I just use the QuickEdit bar.
                  Yeah, "Edit this" is my problen.

If that’s the only reason you zilched it, be aware that you can get rid of the "<< Edit content" thing easily.
                  In your template, change
                  {*#content*]

to be
                  {*content*]

Basically, a # makes that "<< Edit content" thing appear. With or without it you can still edit using the QuickEdit bar.

Although you should note that the QuickEdit bar may need patching from the version in the 0.9.2.1 distribution to actually save changes.
                    No, I don&#39;t know what OpenGeek&#39;s saying half the time either.
                    MODx Documentation: The Wiki | My Wiki contributions | Main MODx Documentation
                    Forum: Where to post threads about add-ons | Forum Rules
                    Like MODx? donate (and/or share your resources)
                    Like me? See my Amazon wishlist
                    MODx "Most Promising CMS" - so appropriate!