We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 8 Posts
    I’ve been looking around for a good open source community script which will allow me to create a website to display events in the local area with the ability to RSVP.

What I’m looking for:
    admin/user submitted events
    displays upcoming events (not in sidebar)
    comments or bridge to a forum (SMF?)
    showcase top (x) submitters
    a photo gallery bridge (coppermine, menalto gallery) to showcase attendees

I’ve been looking at joomla as well as wordpress. Will modxcms be the one for me to easily build with? Please list any example sites and also let me know the available plugins to use for this.

I appreciate any suggestions/leads.
    • No existing reservation modules I’m aware of here.
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 8 Posts
        Quote from: rthrash at Aug 08, 2006, 09:46 PM

No existing reservation modules I’m aware of here.

Thank you for your quick response. Without any programming/scripting knowledge, I was hoping there are solutions for the creation of the site I described. If RSVP was taken out of the picture, will modxcms handle the event submission/listing? How? Does it allow reserved "future" posting?
        • MODx in it’s current stage of development is really more suited to either 1) basic content management tasks for relatively inexperienced hobbyists, or 2) anything you can dream of for the technically inclined and proficient.

In short, the honest answer is no luck right now.
            Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
            Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me