We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 62 Posts
    some questions:

• IE the CR/LF looks a little bit strange with the large amount of space between lines ?
    • Opera 8/9 don’t display the toolbar with the format options ?
    • How to change the default color and default font for the editor ?
      I tried fck_editorarea.css without success.
    • There is one bug:
      When editing the field and submitting the form the content is not submitted correctly. Create a form with a FCKeditor and some other elements, enter some text and submit the form - there are no data submitted unless you unfocus hte FCKeditor field at least one time.
      Is there a workaround ?
      • 1,131 Posts
      To be honest, I’m not 100% sure about these. You might find more info on the FCKEditor website though (http://www.fckeditor.net/). I’ll try and answer some of them though:

Specific issues with FCKEditor in IE (CR/LF issue) and Opera (toolbar issues) are likely to be very specific to FCKEditor and are probably outside the scope of anything dealing with the MODx plugin.

I’m pretty sure that you can change the colors and fonts of the editor via its skin. The skins directory has a fck_editor.css file for each skin...that might be the way to do it. Plus, you can change the default skin directory via the fckconfig.js file by changing the FCKConfig.SkinPath parameter.

I’m not sure I follow on the form bug. Is this when you’re using FCKEditor in a template variable instance in a form?
        Jeff Whitfield

"I like my coffee hot and strong, like I like my women, hot and strong... with a spoon in them."
        • 62 Posts
        Actually I gave up using FCKEditor.
        Even the original demo-files show the strange CR/LF behavior for IE
        Besides it returns different
        and <p> tags for IE and Gecko-Engines - so an conversation from

to <p> by program code has to treat different aspects.

Furthermore the origin version does not support Opera.
        And the user must have enabled frames to - not all users do that.
        So there are a lot of restrcitions.

For the bug of a wrong value in the edit field I found a workaround. Create a JavaScript timer and lets wait 100 ms, after that the result is ok.

Finally I wrote my own BB-code class in JavaScript - so it is usable on all browsers, although an WYGISYS-editor looks much better.

I will see how FCKEditor goes on
          • 1,131 Posts
          Give TinyMCE a shot. I’ve been using it for a while now and have been pretty pleased with it. smiley
            Jeff Whitfield

"I like my coffee hot and strong, like I like my women, hot and strong... with a spoon in them."
            • 62 Posts
            Quote from: Bravado at Aug 08, 2006, 02:02 PM

Give TinyMCE a shot. I’ve been using it for a while now and have been pretty pleased with it. smiley
            I will try - thanks for the tip laugh

I did shortly - seems to cover more browsers.
            Anyway - in IE the CR/LF creates a huge amount of space undecided