We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 3 Posts
    I have a functioning menu using Dropmenu. In fact I got it from here: http://www.howtocreate.co.uk/tutorials/testMenu.html
    using the IEmen.htc behavior. The problem with this menu is that when the sub menus hover over the parent menu it causes the text to distorted. The example menu is too small
    so the problem does not show there; you would have to move the submenus over to the left more to produce the problem. Now I am considering using this menu:
    http://www.xs4all.nl/~peterned/examples/cssmenu.html

However I’m don’t see any configurations in dropmenu to allow for the Lis and As that have submens to have classes on them. I only see the ability for the ’here’ option which is for the current page.
    The html for the menu is below. Is this something that dropmenu can do without modifying it too much? Or can someone point me to an already created solution for this type of menu. Maybe we should create a page with several different types of menus rendered by dropmenu to help people get a good menu quickly. I’m asking this before i go start modding dropmenu which will take up time for me. thx

<ul id="menu">
    <li><a href="#"> lorem </a></li>
    <li class="folder">
    <a href="#" class="submenu"> adipiscing </a>
    <ul>
    <li><a href="#"> dolor </a></li>
    <li class="folder">
    <a href="#" class="submenu"> consectetuer</a>
    <ul>
    <li><a href="#"> elit </a></li>
    <li><a href="#"> ipsum </a></li>
    <li><a href="#"> Donec </a></li>
    </ul>
    </li>
    <li><a href="#"> vestibulum </a></li>
    </ul>
    </li>
    <li class="folder">
    <a href="#" class="submenu"> consectetuer</a>
    <ul>
    <li><a href="#"> elit </a></li>
    <li><a href="#"> ipsum </a></li>
    <li><a href="#"> Donec </a></li>
    </ul>
    </li>
    <li><a href="#"> sit amet </a></li>
    </ul>
      • 4,213 Posts
      I did some examples with css play menus (the "Multi-Level CSS Only" menus) to the Wayfinder snippet what will be the successor of DropMenu. There is one crossbrowser flyout menu in that package what you could take a look at.

"He can have a lollipop any time he wants to. That's what it means to be a programmer."
        • 3 Posts
        This look cool, but an li that has a submenu has to have ’class="here"’ within it.
        I think it may be too time consuming (for me at least) to modify dropmenu to allow it to render custom
        li tags when they are parents of submenus. I’ll have to start using wayfinder or wait for the production version.
        • Wayfinder is already more robust and capable than dropmenu. I wouldn’t hesitate to use it, and I already do. Makes life much easier.
            Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
            Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me