We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 377 Posts
    I’ve been trying to create my own blog system without using the modx plugged in blog system, mainly because it’s really confusingly made, and in my opinion badly intertwines the web (user) interface and the backend that it really gets muddled up; so I’m trying to do it myself.

My question is, let’s say I create a folder called "Developer’s Blog" and in it I want new folders only to be creatable by the super administrator. The sub-folders will be authors, and should only be editable by the respective author and the super administrator.... but how do I got about doing this easily?

Secondly, how do I make it so that Modx automatically picks up any new "contributors" (called "developers" in my system) created by the super administrator and creates a folder within my developer’s blog automatically without having me to do it all the time or the end user?

No authors should be able to create new sub-folders within the developer’s blog.

Content Manager Example (sorry for crude drawings);

[Developer’s Blog] <!-- category -->
    --> [Author 1] <!-- only author 1 can edit this, and super admin can edit/delete this -->
    --> [Author 2] <!-- author 2 didn’t exist until I created a admin user called "author 2" and assigned it the "contributor" flag -->
    --> [Author 3] <!-- only author 3 can edit this, and super admin can edit/delete this -->

Is there a way to do this? Many thanks.