We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 41 Posts
    I am suddenly, approximately five days after installing and buildign a site in modX, getting this error message:

MODx encountered the following error while attempting to parse the requested resource:
    « PHP Parse Error »

PHP error debug
    Error: mysql_query(): Unable to save result set
    Error type/ Nr.: Warning - 2
    File: /hsphere/local/home2/manager/includes/extenders/dbapi.mysql.class.inc.php
    Line: 135
    Line 135 source: if (!$result = @ mysql_query($sql, $this->conn)) {

Parser timing
    MySQL: 0.0558 s s (105 Requests)
    PHP: 20.2995 s s
    Total: 20.3553 s s

SInce it just started happening, I am thinking this has something to do with, perhaps, the automated backup, and that I need to chmod something somewhere, but I am pretty new to this and have no idea what module would be using dbapi.mysql.class.inc.php or why, perhaps some kind of autobackup?

If anyone could point me in the right direction, it would be very appreciated.

-R
      • 788 Posts
      I believe this error is caused by a loss of connection to the database. Perhaps the server admins are performing upgrades or are having technical issues.
        xforum
        http://frsbuilders.net (under construction) forum for evolution
      • Here’s a great discussion of this error at the Textpattern forums: http://textpattern.com/faq/36/warning-unable-to-save-result-set
          • 41 Posts
          interesting- but the site still runs okay, so the modx database itself must be reachable, no?

two significant possibilities:

- I uploaded bbclone today

- it also submits form information to another remote database (I presume ont he same server, albeit , and this still seems to be working fine as well)
          • Sounds like a corrupt MySQL table, but without knowing more about the site, it’s hard for me to know which one. You should check your tables via phpMyAdmin, and repair any that reveal any potential corruption. There are links to instructions on how to do this from the Textpattern article...
              • 41 Posts
              thanks- I’m in phpMyAdmin now
                • 41 Posts
                yea, turns out it was something on their end. thanks for the help!
                  • 4,213 Posts
                  Quote from: ooghe at Jul 26, 2006, 03:51 PM

- it also submits form information to another remote database (I presume ont he same server, albeit , and this still seems to be working fine as well)
                  Glad that you got it working, but this reminded me of something I just recently read on MODx bugtracker. FS#275 — Multiple connections to same server but different database error and I guess it’s still not fixed in the current release (if it needs fixin), but it seems that it’s working for you?

"He can have a lollipop any time he wants to. That's what it means to be a programmer."