We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,097 Posts
    I can’t find this in the bug report system nor on this forum - before I report this as a bug can anyone else confirm whether they have the same problem?

I have documents with a template variable for a PDF (file) and for an image (image). The "Insert" function works fine on the frontend QuickEdit, and I can upload and change either there. The File opens the Files folder and the Image loads up the Images folder.

On the Manager Insert, I get whichever was first.

Looking at the HTML code, a set of javascript functions are added to the source whenever a TV with a type appropriate for Insert is present. This is
    function BrowseServer(ctrl) { ...
    OpenServerBrowser('/manager/media/browser/mcpuk/browser.html?Type=images ... 

or
    function BrowseServer(ctrl) { ...
    OpenServerBrowser('/manager/media/browser/mcpuk/browser.html?Type=files ...

as appropriate for that TV.

When a second TV needs these functions, the system doesn’t output them again. The function called by all Insert buttons is the same. Thus all Insert buttons load up whichever folder was appropriate for the *FIRST* TV - ie if there is an image and then a file, both load from image.

This is somewhat annoying. Clearly what is needed is BrowseFileServer and BrowseImageServer functions.

Has this been spotted before? Does anyone have a fix? Would anyone else benefit from a fix if I wrote one?
      No, I don't know what OpenGeek's saying half the time either.
      MODx Documentation: The Wiki | My Wiki contributions | Main MODx Documentation
      Forum: Where to post threads about add-ons | Forum Rules
      Like MODx? donate (and/or share your resources)
      Like me? See my Amazon wishlist
      MODx "Most Promising CMS" - so appropriate!