We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 5 Posts
    Hi There,

I’m seriously considering using modX for a site for a client, and just wanted to clarify the reliability of the quickedit function. The comments for the current release (0.9.2.1) say ’there may be minor issues with QuickEdit on some sites’. I was planning on encouraging the client on using the quickedit function for most of their editing, but I don’t want to get to the stage where I have the design done and some freaky error locks up development for days.

Can anyone shed more light on the current problems with quickedit? I did a quick search in the forums but I’m not sure if I have the full picture.

Thanks.
    • Mostly it’s minor issues with CSS not being specific enough which can cause rendering glitches, depending on what CSS is used in a site.
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 1,097 Posts
        I think the issue is that QuickEdit *may* look funny on your site. As far as I’m aware, it’s entirely about the display of the bar and nothing to do with functionality/

So if it looks OK and works OK, you’re fine. If not, you may just have to edit the QuickEdit css.

More specifically:

The CSS has a number of !important style declarations that should mean it displays OK, but it doesn’t account for every possible change you may have made to the elements it uses.

Example: QuickEdit uses a subclass of H1 for its own title. My H1 style has a margin and padding. Although the word QuickEdit was correctly sized, it still inherited this padding and so it looks funny and the first line of each menu gets pushed along.

I can fix this by resetting things in h1 #QE_Title to 0. I just haven’t gotten around to it because only I see it anyway.
          No, I don't know what OpenGeek's saying half the time either.
          MODx Documentation: The Wiki | My Wiki contributions | Main MODx Documentation
          Forum: Where to post threads about add-ons | Forum Rules
          Like MODx? donate (and/or share your resources)
          Like me? See my Amazon wishlist
          MODx "Most Promising CMS" - so appropriate!
          • 5 Posts
          Thanks heaps for your advice, guys. Still working through the rest of the modX functionality,no doubt you’ll hear from me again soon smiley