We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 26 Posts
    Hi,

as the subject try to describe it, I had just installed MODx (looks good - I was preliminary interested in discovering AJAX) and I have a problem to register as I have activated the captcha freature while not beeing actualy displayed in the form.
    I have tried to identified where to desactivate the "use_captcha" parameter without success.
    I have no clue on why the picture is not beeing sown !

Anyone : any idea how to solve my problem. I’m just a bit frustrated and desparate to know that I may need to wait for some support.

OHO.
      • 18 Posts
      your PHP needs Freetype and GD 2.0.18 if I’m not mistaking
      there’s loads of threads on this subject
      you can turn it of in modx_system_settings in your mysql tables (via phpmyadmin for instance)
        • 4,213 Posts
        There’s a little bug in the code that generates the image, try to do this and also read this before doing it. But if your php installation does not have freetype, disable captcha like k4l4sh said. The setting is "use_captcha" under "Setting_name" column, change it from 1 to 0.

"He can have a lollipop any time he wants to. That's what it means to be a programmer."
          • 26 Posts
          Ouaou ...
          Thanx Doze and k4l4sh !
          I heard about great community and support for MODx ... Then I realize that’s fucking true !
          I getting now very confident in going forward and try to find out more about this CMS.

I had to admit that I didn’t shine a lot with my posting because by the time I had post and surf around I find out (as you guys said) that a lot of threads was about the same problem. So MY APPOLOGIES FOR THIS USELESS OVERHEAD. I promise I’ll try to not make it again. I just had the feeling of having read a bit, but obviously I must be blind sad

Any how thanks again. Especially for not having killed me because of that - You guys are cool.

To come back to the problem, I have yum-installed GD (gd.i386 and not php-gd.i386 which I had fisrt installed thinking of installing GD - for those who could make the same mistake) and FreeType. Now everything is cool and up and running (of course I had to restart apache for it to be effective).

OHO.
          (Very new to this).