We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 166 Posts
    I have 2 questions about maxigallery.
    The first question is an easy one...i think...
    > How can i create multiple gallery’s?

and the second question:
    With maxigallery you can upload photo’s by clicking on BROWSE en select the photo.
    But what if you have 300 pics... huh
    Is there a way to upload them real fast? I have tried to upload them directly to the folder on my webspace...but that doesnt work.

anybody an idea?
      • 4,213 Posts
      Quote from: DNA at Jul 23, 2006, 07:44 PM

> How can i create multiple gallery’s?
      Create multiple documents and call the snippet on those documents. The galleries are document specific. You could do all galleries for example in one folder and use childgalleries displaymode or maxigallery solo snippet to display a list from all gallerys.

Quote from: DNA at Jul 23, 2006, 07:44 PM

With maxigallery you can upload photo’s by clicking on BROWSE en select the photo.
      But what if you have 300 pics... huh
      Is there a way to upload them real fast? I have tried to upload them directly to the folder on my webspace...but that doesnt work.
      The options to do this are very limited currently, sorry. The gallery pictures need to be uploaded through the snippet. One thing you could try is to put the pics to a .zip archive and upload that, but it depends on your server that will it support uploading pics in archives. Also, your server has some max limit set how big files can be uploaded, so you can’t also exceed that limit.

But there is plans allready to fix this in future versions, but currently, uploading multiple pics or using allready uploaded pics is not very well handled.

"He can have a lollipop any time he wants to. That's what it means to be a programmer."
        • 166 Posts
        and isnt there an other gallery that supports that?
        cuz i have to make a site for someone with that amount of photo’s...
          • 4,213 Posts
          There is a module for Menalto Gallery 2 here. I don’t know that does G2 support uploading pics through FTP, but I would think that it does.. If you are going to try it, don’t get the newest version because it is not supported by the module. Use 2.0.4.

"He can have a lollipop any time he wants to. That's what it means to be a programmer."