We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 177 Posts
    I need to check the session for a {userGroup} so I can deny acces to the manager through an authintication check and redirect anyone in that group to thier section of the site.

would their perhaps be a list of these kinds of things lying around somewhere?

thanks Gary
      • 4,213 Posts
      I think there’s not a api for this, but you can the current users manager role from

$_SESSION[’mgrPermissions’][’id’];
      $_SESSION[’mgrPermissions’][’name’];

also try print_r($_SESSION) to see what’s in it.

"He can have a lollipop any time he wants to. That's what it means to be a programmer."
        • 177 Posts
        thanks, I printed the session and got all that info, I’m modding accescontrol.php to redirect the users of a specific docgroup to their designated pages instead of giving the them acces to the mgr...

it’s comming aloong, I’ve got coresponding echos so far, Thanks for the idea doze...

Gary
          • 177 Posts
          I’m now updating the index to allow users access to index.php based on quickEdit actions, the Core code in index is very well commented, thanks for the leg up Dev Team...

I said I was not all that great at php and in truth I am not... However I know enough to make the mods I need because you guys have really put together a usable truly opensource system... Thanks again, I’ll post my results in a new thread, consider this [solved]
            • 177 Posts
            Quote from: doze at Jul 21, 2006, 09:04 PM

also try print_r($_SESSION) to see what’s in it.

the code below will print it in a much more leagible fashion
            echo "<pre>"
            print_r($_SESSION);
            echo"</pre>"