We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 21 Posts
    Hello,

I need a sollution for the following scenario.

My modX website has a listing of widgets for sale. There are 20 available. A user fills out a simple form and buys 2 widgets. The form is just e-mailed to the operator of the site.

How do I decrement the number available so that the next person that visits the widgets page sees the correct number of widgets available, which would be 18 in this case?

I know that full blown ecommerce apps such as oscommerce handles such but, I really don’t want to try incorporating an ecommerce sollution for just this one variable.

How would something like this be handled? Is it possible?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
      Interesting question! The amount of widgets could be stored in a chunk. And the required calculation could be done using a snippet.
      However, the snippet must be triggered by a form-element, providing the parameter of how many items do decrement.
      Is it possible to link a snippet to a form/submit()? I don’t know it - but I would like to know it! laugh
      Anyone?
        • 21 Posts
        No Ideas on this?

Is there an existing module that I can pick apart that might handle it?

Thanks
          • 1 Posts
          In the meantime I posted my version of your question here:
          http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,5971.msg42317.html#msg42317
          I think if you read the replies you’ll get an idea of how to do the decrement using a form/snippet combo.