We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 134 Posts
    i was just researching Wordpress for a potential client, and found a nice shopping cart plugin: http://www.instinct.co.nz/?p=16

i don’t know how it handles payments, but i’m on the fence as to whether an integrated cart is good or if it’s better to use something like ZenCart/QuickCart/RomanCart and not be tied down to a specific CMS just for one plugin (ie, i’m liking ModX more & more every day wink). shopX doesn’t seem ready and i couldn’t tell if the cart at girl33 had any sort of payment options, so there does not seem to be a plugin atm for modX. i’ve read some on the forums about the shopX 2.1, and checked out the cart at girl33.com but couldn’t figure out what the payment options (if any were). what recommendations do you folks have?
      Sorry - not using ModX anymore 01/01/2007
    • If you happen to use Echo-inc as your payment processor, a version of ShopX will be ready soon.
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 134 Posts
        i dont have a specifc payment processer atm - just thinking ahead for a possible client. thanks for the tip tho, i wouldn’t mind selling stuff myself at some point.
        • There will inevitably be a Paypal Payment module as well, most likely.
            Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
            Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
            • 134 Posts
            any new demos of shopx around? i’m surprised that the wp option i found actually looks really nice. though i know i can style stuff however i want, that wp thingy has the little rotating circle action when adding something to the cart so it seems cool. will shopx have some ajax goodness?
              • 155 Posts
              I’m working on a 2Ckeckout snippet if anyone interested wink
                ...my Photo Gallery on Flickr...
                • 134 Posts
                i am tongue

would the viewport widget be a way to integrate an external shopping cart?