We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 697 Posts
    Hi there,

I posted about this topic before, but found a work around rather than a fix. My problem is this:

If I append a querystring to a friendly url, then I get a 404 page cannot be found. However if I append some QS variables to the id then it all works fine (obviously)

eg: www.mydomain.com/aboutme.htm (fine)
    www.mydomain.com/aboutme.htm?var=hello&var2=world (404 error)
    www.mydomain.com/index.php?id=2&var=hello&var2=world (fine)

Information: Server IIS 6.0 using ISSRewrite. This is a fresh intall of IIS as we recently had a server crash/reinstall. Has anyone else come across this problem? I can get by using the index?id=blah.....but I would rather have the seo friendly url’s on all pages.

Thanks in advance,

Justin.
      • 1,732 Posts
      Hmmm,

you might want to try and drop the ISSRewrite guys line about this bug
        xWisdom
        www.xwisdomhtml.com
        The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom:
        MODx Co-Founder - Create and do more with less.
        • 697 Posts
        Yeah I was thinking that....its just really strange. IIS re-write is fairly straight forward

RewriteRule /(.*).htm /index.php?q=$1

So heres me thinking that any anything.htm?va1=1 will be seen as index.php?q=12?val=1
        .....obviously not. I will mail the folks that make the component and see if they have any ideas. Im suprised more people have not come across this problem before, as I know there are a lot of devs who will be working with IIS!!

Thanks xwisdom.