We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 361 Posts
    Hi all,
    I can’t find any mention of this in the forums, but has anybody noticed that somewhere between 0.9.1 and 0.9.2.1 the "Automatically Generate Alias" started using underscores instead of hyphens (dashes)?

So, if a page was "this is fun", 9.1 would create "this-is-fun", and 9.2.1 creates "this_is_fun".

It seems like the hyphen is preferable to the underscore for SEO purposes, and I personally prefer it for aesthetic reasons. And for consistency’s sake, I’d prefer the hyphen as well, so new content aliases don’t get all inconsistent after an upgrade.

So, without getting into a flame war about which is better, can somebody direct me to the code that will allow me to change this back to the 9.1 convention? It should be easy enough to change back, but I have no idea where to look.

Thanks!
    -Brett
      Need MODx Ecommerce? Try FoxyCart!
    • It’s been mentioned a couple of times and has been switched to hyphens in the current code repository.
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 361 Posts
        Sorry, couldn’t find any mention of it. Of course, I bet if I search now I’ll find a dozen posts.
          • 3,975 Posts
          http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,4215.msg30784.html#msg30784 along with the fix in bug-tracker.

regards.

zi
            Zaigham R - MODX Professional | Skype | Email | Twitter

Digging the interwebs for #MODX gems and bringing it to you. modx.link
            • 361 Posts
            Thanks for that link (and the fix), zi. I just wasn’t finding that post. Greatly appreciated.