We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 35 Posts
    Hi all - I’ve implemented friendly URLs; after changing my templates to reflect an absolute path to images / css (as referenced in /from the template), it all works fine when *initially* selecting a link to an internal page - say I have a link to "/about/mission-goals-and-philosphy.html" - that works fine, and the link delivers the user to the correct page, and the css and images are all found by the browser. However, now, whenever a user selects another link FROM this page, modx displays / creates a url that always contains the current, top-level folder - e.g., in this example, "about" is the current, top-level folder, and it is *always* added to every link/file path - if I want to go to "/find/databases.html" (the correct URL), modx now creates the url "/About/find/databases.html" - if the user chooses a link that is in the virtual "About" folder area, the modx will create the URL "/About/About/thepage.html" - why is this happening, and how do I fix it?

Thanks

Steve
      • 35 Posts
      I am a newbie fool - found the solution in the below forum link....

[email protected] OpenGeek drumshamen
      View Profile WWW Email Personal Message (Online)

Re: Getting Friendly URLs to work
      « Reply #17 on: Jun 05, 2006, 05:25 PM »
      Reply with quoteQuote
      If you are using friendly alias paths, please see http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,1942.msg22795.html#msg22795 for the solution...