We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1 Posts
    Another strange question:

I have a two-part navigation:
    On top three main categories of content (implemented/configured as a TV)
    On the left a tree of the content of the respective top-category, 3 levels deep (implemented as DropMenu)
    Now: depending on the selected top-category the DropMenu snippet needs 3 different values for the startDoc.

I tried the following:
    I defined a TV named "dropsubnav" and gave it a default value of
    "[[DropMenu? &levelLimit=3 &startDoc=`40` &pre={{ahover}}]]"<br />(yes, there’s a chunk involved too ;))<br /><br />On the pages I can edit the TV, but in the source all that appears is a single lonely bracket "]" where I expected the DropMenu UL-stuff to be filled in.<br /><br />Have I overstreched MODx snippet/TV/chunk architecture?<br /> ???<br /><br />Next try:<br />I called DropMenu twice in the template, first time for top-navigation, second time for the 3level-thing with different startDoc-ids, edited via a TV containing just the ID. DropMenu runs twice, but ignores the parameter set via TV-editing, and starts with docid=0.<br />-----------------<br />Just in case other newbies may benefit from this:<br />Issue is solved by not writing the DropMenu-calls in the template but in 2 TVs. Just the other way round. Works.<br />