We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 120 Posts
    How can I set the default value for a checkbox array TV if there is only one checkbox in the array, and I want to include data binding? It appears that not only is it impossible for an array of one checkbox with binding, but that if there is an array of more than one, and binding is used, it is impossible to make the first checkbox be checked by default.

For instance, if I have "example1" in the option values box, and "@INHERIT example1" in the default box, I’m wanting for "example1" to be checked on all documents using that template by default, unless that documents parent does not have that box checked. But this doesn’t work; the box is not checked in any document by default, and the setting does not inherit properly.

Another example: If I have "example1||example2||example3" in the option values box, and "@INHERIT example1||example3", "example3" will be checked by default, but example1 will not, and the binding does not work in this example either.

In addition, can I not use the same syntax that is used for dropdowns to set a different value for the checkbox than what is displayed on the page, as in "example1==1||example2==2||example3==3"? This does not seem to work for checkbox arrays, as I would’ve expected.