We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 634 Posts
    If FCKeditor is enabled in News Publisher everything goes ok until text doesn’t fit to textarea box and scroll bar appears. Scroll bar goes over text on the right side and makes text hard to read.

Is this a "feature" in FCKeditor or am I doing something wrong?
      Mikko Lammi, Owner at Maagit
      • 4,213 Posts
      Don’t know if this just a feature with FCKEditor, but you could try putting some margins to the css that controls the editarea of FCKEditor.. I believe it’s this file: /assets/plugins/fckeditor/editor/css/fck_editorarea.css, if you haven’t defined another one to use in system configuration settings at modx manager.

"He can have a lollipop any time he wants to. That's what it means to be a programmer."
        • 634 Posts
        Maybe this has something to do with the other problem: I can’t change the default language in rich text editor if rich text editor is used as a widget.
          • 1,131 Posts
          Quote from: Lammikko at Jun 19, 2006, 10:27 AM

Maybe this has something to do with the other problem: I can’t change the default language in rich text editor if rich text editor is used as a widget.

Don’t know about the scrollbar thing though it might have been fixed with the latest 2.3 release of FCKEditor. I do know that FCKEditor can get messed up depending on how your stylesheet is written. There are some quirks here and there that need to be watched out for. Best thing to do is remove lines from your stylesheet one at a time till you find the one that causes FCKEditor to screw up. From there you can simply change the declaration to where it’s dedicated to a specific ID or class rather than being global. That usually does the trick. Else, yeah...it’s a small bug but one that is fairly livable. smiley

Now, in regards to the language settings for the front-end in FCKEditor...yeah, it’s one of those things that requires some changes to the core a bit. One of the things I’ll be adding for the next release is a way to set the default language for the rich-text editors for front-end use. However, I’m starting to rethink it and I’m thinking that maybe we could simply have a way of setting the default language on a more site-wide basis. Basically, it’ll enable a site developer to have access to a global MODx parameter that enables them to use a given language setting for various things. One of these things could be the richtext editor language. smiley
            Jeff Whitfield

"I like my coffee hot and strong, like I like my women, hot and strong... with a spoon in them."
            • 634 Posts
            Thank you very much Jeff for the answer! Particularly for clarifying the default language situation.
              • 634 Posts
              And good news for everyone struggling with the same scroll bar goes over text problem:
              Updating to FCKeditor 2.3 removes this irritating annoyance.