We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 216 Posts
    I’d like to place my main webpages in a folder, so that the manager is more organised, less cluttered. Is it possible to do this, but not have the containing folder form part of the URL. I’d like to start one level down.

I have "allow duplicate aliases", and "use friendly alias path" enabled, in case that impacts upon the solution.

It’s not important enough to me for a complicated solution and/or hack. If it’s out-of-the-box, or nearly is, then I’m all ears! wink

Thanks.
      • 4,213 Posts
      So you want the paths to be generated to urls starting from some level, but not on the main level..? If you have allready had your site online with all of the docs in the site root and search engines have indexed them like that, I wouldn’t use friendly alias paths at all..

Is there a specific reason why you want to use friendly alias pahts? When it’s disabled, you can have the documents at the manager in any structure without having a difference on the path in url..

"He can have a lollipop any time he wants to. That's what it means to be a programmer."
        • 216 Posts
        Hi,

My site, such as it is, is little more than a forum right now. I have been busy with others creating some content, and decided that a hierarcical structure would be best, using SEO fURLs, with the paths, seemed sensible. Also, a few pages have the same name, so another reason why I need to use the full path. Obviously this would be very easy to change right now, but I thought long and hard about how I was going to organise things; I’m not about to change it all now.

This is not a biggie, it would be nice to have the home page, and first level pages in one folder, just for orgainsational purposes. I imagine this would be of more use to others, as I’m probably only talking about 7-8 pages in my case.