We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 17 Posts
    Hi there,

A year ago a client of mine needed to update a specific section of their website, and as time was pressing I installed MODx into a specific folder to allow them to do this. However, the client is so thrilled with MODx (and rightly so) that they’d like to be able to update the whole site.

What I effectively need to do is backup the current installation, install MODx into the root folder and reinstall the section that’s already running under MODx. This section is vitally important - if the contents of this section aren’t on the web they could face legal action from Brussels (they’re an aeronautical company).

Naturally I’m nervous about doing this, so any guidance / help / comforting words would be most appreciated!

Dan
      • 2,204 Posts
      Why not create a work/test install on a subdomain or so and create the site there then when all is working like they want it to be make the switch and move the new site to the actual life location. thats what I do all the time leave the old site until the new one is done. e.g. www.denaamplaat.eu = old https://denaamplaat.tidestream.com = new (still work in progress)

hope this helps

Dimmy
        follow me on twitter: @dimmy01