We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 11 Posts
    I installed MODx CMS several times on different maschines and never run in any problems.
    Sadly I never ever came a lot further than just install it and never did really something do with it.

Now, after a full new install of my developer notebook I wanted to finally start and start with a modx dite but this time the install routine didn’t work.

After the screen to enter the database info and admin user password i come to a page to select what to install and after this to an empty page. Well, not totally empty but just a template page with a linkt to ’What’s New’.

Trying to go back to the modx directory I get a ’Fatal error: Call to undefined function startCMSSession() in C:\var\cfmxroot\wwwroot\modx.z-con.ch\modx\index.php on line 150’

I missed the test-routine and the installation didn’t create any tables or something.

PHP Version 5.1.4
    MySQL 5.0.21
    Apache/2.0.58 (Win32)
    Windows XP Pro

Any ideas what’s going wrong?

• It sounds like there are permissions problems or missing files. I’d start from a totally fresh (new) archive and double-check the permissions. New database, too.
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
      • Actually, double-check if your MySQL server’s sql mode variable is set to STRICT mode. At some point in recent releases, they made that the default. If so, try switching that mode off in your configuration and see if that makes a difference.
          • 11 Posts
          Ooop, actually MySQL didn’t work correctly at all, so the thing that went wrong with modx installation actually only was the missing test and catch of a not working mysql installation.
          After I was able to configure MySQL with PHP I’ll try again