We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 7 Posts
    Hi, I installed ModX on a client site and they need to postpone the web development for at least a month. But since I’ve only installed ModX and not configured my layout to the design, is there any way to add a php code to make the page password protected. Modx is in the root directory so I can’t do it from my cPanel. Basically there is a live splash page on the index.html and modX is begins of course on the index.php. So if I want to keep the search engines from picking up the index.php, I’d like to add the PassProtect.

Hope this makes sense.

Regards, Patricia smiley
    • Put the site in offline mode with your splash page set to unauthorized page. When you login to the manage, you should be able to see the site as it’s intended.
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 7 Posts
        Ok, I made it offline, but don’t see that it has gone away with the message of offline. Not sure how to set the splash page to unauthorized page.

I do see the box that has "unauthorized page" and it has the number 4 in it. But of been the default as I don’t think I’ve ever changed that. My current splash page is index.html. Do I add that in the box? Or do I copy the splash page code into a template? not sure what to do.

Thanks!

Patricia smiley

• You have to log out of the manager to see it in offline mode. When you login to the manager, you’re able to preview the site as if it were online. smiley
            Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
            • 52 Posts
            Ryan, Unauthorised page or Site unavailable page?
            • Sorry, site unavailable page.
                • 7 Posts
                Thanks!

Patricia smiley