We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 35 Posts
    Hi to all, I’m writing here because it’s a so strange behaviour that I suspect it’s not a bug, but something I’m not doing right.

In short: when you are navigating on a page that has children, that page is alweys an anchor instead of being a text of "here" class.

It’s strange because this misbehaviour is consistent with all menu snippets I tried. Now DropMenu is on.

I report some PMs I had with Zi:

Quote from: cino at May 23, 2006, 07:28 AM

Hi Zi. Thank you very much for your response.

That page was already working. It’s apparently when a page has its own children that doesn’t work (except the home) like http://www.dev3.net/minimal-base/cipo/ and http://www.dev3.net/minimal-base/cipo/due/.

huh huh huh

Quote from: zi at May 23, 2006, 08:57 AM

I am sorry Cino, I am clue-less here undecided

In my opinion its time to report a bug in bug tracker and initiate a topic in forums. Include this correspondence also (except access to site).

Good luck.

zi

Web Server:
    ----------------
    PHP version: 4.3.11
    MySQL version 3.23.58
    Operating System and version: Linux Fedora 2.4.20-021stab028.3.777-enterprise / Apache/2.0.51 (Fedora)

Browser/Client:
    -----------------
    Browser name and version: Both latest IE 6 and Firefox 1.5
    Operating System and version: XP SP2

• 2,204 Posts
      I have a problem that the .here class is not generated for the active item but only for it parents and grandparents. even when i call Dropmenu like this [!DropMenu!] the active menu item does NOT get a .here class only the parent or grandparent of that item.
        follow me on twitter: @dimmy01
        • 35 Posts
        Dimmy, I have that problem with other menu snippets too.

To all:
        Please check these two pages and try to navigate (they are nonsense text, but it appears visible soon what I’m talking about):

http://www.dev3.net/minimal-base/cipo/

http://www.dev3.net/minimal-base/cipo/due/
          • 35 Posts
          In other words: in DropMenu "here" class is not generated if a page has children.

Is this a bug?
            • 2,204 Posts
            It looks like when you set the parameter selfaslink in the snippet call (or in the snippet itself) that there is also no .here clas generated for the active menu item.

looks like a bug to me

any one else got this problem?
            • The self as link not having a class is an intended behavior, actually, as you can style LIs separately from As separably from LI.here As.
                Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
                Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
                • 2,204 Posts
                Quote from: rthrash at Jun 16, 2006, 07:42 AM

The self as link not having a class is an intended behavior, actually, as you can style LIs separately from As separably from LI.here As.

sow how would I style the active menu item when there is no class asigned to that item?
                When selfaslink is false then there is a .here class for this li but when i want it to be a link (or a folder containing content itself and have children) and set it to true then there is no class at all for the active document or folder.
                only when i select a child from that folder the folder gets a .here class but the active document gets nothing.

• 35 Posts
                  Ok, so this is an intended behavoiur. Anyway I wrote an hack to overcome this problem Dimitri is talking about.

The risult is this hack

You can find some info in this message.

Hope this help.