We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 31 Posts
    hi guys,

I just wanted to change preferences of a page, disabling the richtext-editor for a document (with the document - prefereces - use rich text editor) but modx does not save the settings when I save the page.
    Do you have any idea, why that happens and how I can fix that?

my modx is 0.9.2.1 on a macOSX using the latest mysql and apache

Thanks a lot
    steffen
      www.steffen-uhlmann.de
    • Are you getting any error messages? Or is simply not persisting your changes?
        • 31 Posts
        nope, it is simply not saving, no error message
        hm
        don’t know how to change that....

steffen
          www.steffen-uhlmann.de
          • 31 Posts
          *push*
          sorry guys, but I don’t know how to solve that
          anybody got an idea?

I can save the content and all the fields, but when i set the checkbox to not use RichText or set "use as folder" it does not save this setting...

thanks for any answer
          steffen
            www.steffen-uhlmann.de
          • Check your database to make sure it has those fields in the "site_content" table; get a new copy of the MODx zip file, unzip it, and re-upload the /manager/actions/dynamic/mutate_content.dynamic.action.php and the manager/processors/save_content.processor.php files. Other than that, I don’t have any suggestions; this seems to be a problem specific to your installation, which suggests something got corrupted somewhere. I have the same setup as you (except you probably have Tiger and I’m still using 10.3) on both a PowerBook and a dual-processor G4 server, and have never had such a problem.
              Studying MODX in the desert - http://sottwell.com
              Tips and Tricks from the MODX Forums and Slack Channels - http://modxcookbook.com
              Join the Slack Community - http://modx.org
              • 93 Posts
              Two possibilities come to mind. I was having this problem and it was a DNS server screw up. In other words my host had messed me. Make sure there is nothing screwy in your .htaccess.

Also if you have a copy of the rogue 9.0.1a release it can do that. Download the latest tgz, up it flat after having decompressed locally. Then do an upgrade install.

In fact I would do that even if you do not have 9.0.1a

JT
                • 31 Posts
                I’ve the same problem.

modx 0.9.2.1 rev 1005 downloaded just a few days ago.
                db-version created by modx 0.9.1 rev 646
                operating systems: (dev-system) windows xp with apache 2 an php5 and (dev-system2 an live-system) debian with apache 2 and php4, mysql is v4.x on both systems
                • CBieser,

Did you run the installer after updating the files, choosing the upgrade option?
                    Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
                    Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
                    • 31 Posts
                    short answer: douh!

thanks for the hint!
                      • 31 Posts
                      thanx guys for your answers,

I will try to check on the things you’ve said

I solved the problem temporarely by making a PHP script acessing the SQL database directly and changing the values in there (cause I needed to set richtext:off and show in menu:false only for documents with the title "menu" - so you can do that quite easily - fortunately it stays like that)
                      thanks a lot.

Steffen
                        www.steffen-uhlmann.de