We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 7,075 Posts
    It should be a pretty trivial question, but it seems that it’s not (or else lack of sleep strikes me again with dumbness).

I want one of my users to be able to select the document template. I have set permission via Role Management > Create/ edit role. But it didn’t change anything. I even tried to give full template control (of course, you don’t want that but I wanted to understand how it works), didn’t change a thing.

Now, I know that one way to go about this is use the Inherit Parent Template plugin to control which template is used for which new created document. I use it but it’s not always the best option.

Here I have a folder listing items (with NewsListing... erm, Ditto), and the documents inside are the items themselves. The template is different in each case. When my user wants to create an item, it’s the listing page’s template which is picked sad

The question is, with the current permission structure, can I do this without creating a containing folder which sole purpose is to have its sibling inherit the right template ? Thanks !
      .: COO - Commerce Guys - Community Driven Innovation :.

MODx est l'outil id
      • 7,075 Posts
      Ok well never mind I just discovered that this is a problem with Inherit Parent Template, probably messes with the autorisation system... problem solved !
        .: COO - Commerce Guys - Community Driven Innovation :.

MODx est l'outil id