We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 502 Posts
    In the site I am developing there are a couple of other people who are creating the content. I have a template variable that accepts lines of commands, and these commands have a specfic syntax.

What I would like to do is somehow include basic documentation somewhere in the manager so that any time another person logs in they can read it. Kind of like a library or perhaps a micro sized wiki? I would also include notes on which pages must not be cacheable, etc.

Are there any current solutions for this? Anything already done? Could the Ditto snippet be executed in the manager perhaps? Any other possible solutions?

thanks! Andy
    • Snippets cannot currently be executed in the manger. I believe the caption fields for TVs can function as instructions in very short sentences.
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 502 Posts
        Thanks for the reply. What I need is a way of placing around four paragraphs of notes with a little bit of formatting in once place in the manager. Too much for using the TV comments item, and too little for installing a seperate PHP based app with logins, etc.

Andy
        • That’s not currently possible without hacking up the manager. Will be possible much more simply with 1.0.
            Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
            Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
            • 502 Posts
            I guess for now I will simply create a module that returns the note, and then mention where to find the notes in the tv comments. Looking forward to 1.0... smiley

Andy