We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 49 Posts
    lets say i want to make a duplicate of all my info in 2-3 different languages. how would it be to use modX the smartest? Duplicate and drop all the contents in main language folders and edit them seperatly?
    • Quote from: moire at May 12, 2006, 09:07 AM

lets say i want to make a duplicate of all my info in 2-3 different languages. how would it be to use modX the smartest? Duplicate and drop all the contents in main language folders and edit them seperatly?

For now moire, an approach like that seems most appropriate, and preferrable to hacking solutions into place that may be obsolete sooner than later. However, I believe that in a reasonable amount of time, MODx will provide a complete multi-cultural solution with revisioning and rollback services, easy ways to approach translation efforts, and even ways to section off different portions of the site by language or any other cultural criteria, etc.

Another approach might be to have translations as child documents of your main documents, and then use custom menu snippets to present the appropriate links to the appropriate translations based on user preferences, user session data, or a request parameter, but this would limit the usability of other MODx components because of the imposed structural complexity.