We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 616 Posts
    Hello,

I’m having difficulties installing modx - although I’m able to log into the manager after installing modx, there seems to be some stuff missing like snippets for instance.

this is what I get:

Setup will now attempt to setup the database:

Creating connection to the database: OK!

Selecting database `sit_haefeli`: OK!

Checking table prefix `modx_`: OK!

Creating database tables: OK!

Installing demo site: OK!

Writing configuration file: OK!

Chunks:

WebLoginSideBar: Upgraded

Module:

Field ’disabled’ doesn’t have a default value

does anybody have an idea what the problem might be?

thank you

this is what I get if I just read the sql file into a database:

[Err] 1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ’CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `{PREFIX}user_settings` (
    `user` integer NOT NULL,’ at line 68
    [Msg] Finished - Unsuccessfully

maybe a problem related to mysql 5.1??
      • 7 Posts
      Yep I had the same problem:

The installer was complaining about missing default values on table columns.
      To be precise, these we’re the tables and columns I had to remove the NOT NULL constraint from:

SITE_MODULES
      -disabled
      -icon
      -resourcefile
      -createdon
      -editedon

SITE_SNIPPETS
      -moduleguid

Maybe removing the NOT NULL constraint isn’t the best solution, but at least install will complete.
      Onno
        • 616 Posts
        Is there a solution to this yet or is modx just not compatible yet with mysql 5?

any help to get modx set up would be very much appreciated.

thank you
        • Jason has several MySQL 5 deployments working. Hopefully he can shed more light here.
            Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
            Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
          • Quote from: rthrash at May 13, 2006, 01:16 PM

Jason has several MySQL 5 deployments working. Hopefully he can shed more light here.

Works fine when MySQL 5 is not in it’s new strict error mode from what I understand, but I personally have not used MySQL in this new mode. I do use it without this strict mode daily with the latest versions in XAMPP with no problems, including 5.0.14, 5.0.18, and 5.0.21.

Here’s some more information on the new strict mode, which MODx 1.0 will support, http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/server-sql-mode.html -- in the meantime, if those are the only errors, seems pretty easy to address in 0.9.x as well, so please make sure there is a bug ticket for this that includes or describes any solutions that have been tried and confirmed to work.
              • 616 Posts
              Great Jason, that solved the problem - no problem installing modx anymore.