We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 356 Posts
    the menutitle has limited character width compared to pagetitle is there a way to extend this ?
      SMF Bookmark Mod - check it out
      http://mods.simplemachines.org/index.php?mod=350
    • Needs a hack to both the manager and the database. I *think* this has been addressed in the next revision to be released already.
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 1,131 Posts
        Log it in the bugtracker anyways. That way we’ll be sure to include it in the next release. wink
          Jeff Whitfield

"I like my coffee hot and strong, like I like my women, hot and strong... with a spoon in them."
          • 361 Posts
          Ok, I’m pretty sure this already exists somewhere else, but I can’t find it with anything I’m searching for, so I’m putting it down so that next time I can hopefully find the fix:

Go to the modx_site_content table, edit the menutitle field,
          Change the value from 30 to whatever you need,
          Edit /manager/actions/dymanic/mutate_content.dynamic.action.php to change maxlength="30" to whatever you want.

That should do the trick.
          And now so I can find this next time I look for it: menutitle maxlength maximum length max
          Hopefully that helps. Sorry if this is a redundant post, but I can’t find it anywhere.
          -Brett
            Need MODx Ecommerce? Try FoxyCart!