We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 2 Posts
    Hi,

Just finished my first MODx install successfully smiley Everything except file uploads seems to work fine.

Looking at the phpinfo i find file_uploads set to off/off, which I suppose is the problem (all folders
    set to proper chmod).

My hosting provider has offered me to turn file_uploads on by moving the site to a newer server with
    PHP 5 and MySQL 5. Currently the site is running on PHP 4.4.1 and MySQL 4. This sounds nice, only
    he just came back and notified me that the MySQL 5 is without innoDB and he found 5-6 innoDB
    tables in my database.

It’s simple to change these few tables to MyISAM and the system apparently seems to work.

But is it safe to do this?
    Will MODx work correct without innoDB?
    What type will the tables be if I did a clean install to a MySQL without innoDB?

• Hi deltabox,

What a strange problem - any ideas which MODx tables have installed as innoDB? Just curious, as every install of MODx I’ve ever done installs using MyISAM.

And yes, you’ll be fine using MODx with MyISAM. wink
        Garry Nutting
        Senior Developer
        MODX, LLC

Email: [email protected]
        Twitter: @garryn
        Web: modx.com
      • Hmmm, the visitor logging tables are InnoDB tables, or used to be in the installation, anyway. But it does not affect the ability of these tables to function if they are MyISAM, and these tables and related functionality are being removed from the next release anyway.
          • 2 Posts

Thank you for your quick reply. I have now changed the tables to MyISAM and the system is still up and running smiley

Fot those interested these are the tables that were set up as innoDB:

log_access
          log_hosts
          log_operating_systems
          log_referers
          log_user_agents
          log_visitors

Don’t really know what innoDB is good for (something about transactions?).

Still wondering though, someone at some point made a choice creating an installprocedure and deciding to use innoDB in stead of MyISAM for these 6 tables...

Anyway. Problem solved. Thanks.

Regards,
          Ole