We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 283 Posts
    Someone mentioned how to sure this before! .. but i cant remember ... when i use widgets in a page .. it wont validaye because : # Error Line 37 column 33: required attribute "type" not specified.

is there a way to put the type=javascript bitty in there? i assume it will need a mod to the core code .. any help would be MASSIVLY appreciated!

Many Thnx

Martyn

Everytime you use Flash ... a puppy dies .....
      R.G Taylor
    • I believe this has been addressed already for the next release. Please search the bugtracker and if not please add an entry with specifics. Thanks!
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 283 Posts
        I surely will do .. but is there a quick fix ? laugh

R.G Taylor
        • There’s a lot of widgets... which one?
            Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
            • 283 Posts
            The Ticker smiley

thnx smiley
              R.G Taylor
            • in manager/includes/tmplvars.format.inc.php, replace the following lines:

line 123 with:
              				$o = '<script type="text/javascript">';

and line 133 with:
              				$o.= "<script type=\"text/javascript\">Ticker.Render('$id','".$params['width']."','".$params['height']."','".$params['class']."','".$params['style']."');</script>";

There’s a few other places in there that need to be likewise replaced. Will be done for the next revision. smiley
                • 283 Posts
                yer a star smiley

Thnx smiley

R.G Taylor
                  • 283 Posts
                  Quote from: rthrash at May 10, 2006, 02:01 PM

in manager/includes/tmplvars.format.inc.php, replace the following lines:

line 123 with:
                  				$o = '<script type="text/javascript">';

and line 133 with:
                  				$o.= "<script type=\"text/javascript\">Ticker.Render('$id','".$params['width']."','".$params['height']."','".$params['class']."','".$params['style']."');</script>";

There’s a few other places in there that need to be likewise replaced. Will be done for the next revision. smiley

hmm those line numbers dont seem to be the same to me .. what code should i be replacing?

ta
                    R.G Taylor
                    • 283 Posts
                    Ok thnx .. that sorted that problem .. now something seems to be putting slashes where it shouldnt inside the widget!

example from validator.org : Line 69 column 307: an attribute value must be a literal unless it contains only name characters.

... o = new Marquee(’tvticker’,’<a href=\"http://www.patiogear.co.uk/catalog/ind

You have used a character that is not considered a "name character" in an attribute value. Which characters are considered "name characters" varies between the different document types, but a good rule of thumb is that unless the value contains only lower or upper case letters in the range a-z you must put quotation marks around the value. In fact, unless you have extreme file size requirements it is a very very good idea to always put quote marks around your attribute values. It is never wrong to do so, and very often it is absolutely necessary.

see the slashes after <a href\ ? thye shouldnt be there and arnt in the code i put in .. is it the widget?

Thnx smiley

Martyn
                      R.G Taylor
                    • Sorry... you’re right. My sandbox includes some additional TV widgets for the forthcoming 0.9.5. Basically you want to replace instances of:
                      <script>

with:
                      <script type="text/javascript">

Whether you need backslashes in front of the quote marks depends on what the enclosing quote marks are.