We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 356 Posts
    i’ve read many posts on a variety of ways to set up the login logout text and login form but still haven’t been able to make sense of the examples, I think because when people post their examples often its not complete and/or may be missing some items not sure which,
    for the most part when trying to use these examples as posted they either don’t work or only work partially,

therefore, I am posting a new question from a newbie perspective so that when a newbie is  searching for login example they can see this post with a exactly how to set it up, isn’t this nice of me, I think so  grin

if anyone can please illustrate actual working examples of the following:

example 1. at a login page only , a visitor/user would see the login form along with a welcome visitor or welcome user depending on logged in

example 2. at the login page would see just the login form only and whatever text in the doc then in the sidebar and/or another location a welcome guest/welcome user text would display depending on being logged in

what chunk or snippet would I need to accomplish these two examples and how would they be setup?

also too I notice things like personalzie snippet when it displays welcome back user, this remains there even when logged out and even if the cache is cleared or browser closed and you return the text welcome back user is there, this doesn’t make sense

so if possible how to set it up so that the welcome visitor displays as default then when the user logs in the welcome user text displays

When putting a call like [!Personalize?ph=`uid`&guest=`Guest`! inside the header, the welcome visitor/user only appears on doc id=1 another odd thing that doesn’t make any sense

SMF Bookmark Mod - check it out
      http://mods.simplemachines.org/index.php?mod=350