We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 24,544 Posts
    Jay, is the service appropriate for extras, and if so, would it be part of the MODX operation, or independent?

I have a raft of extras that could use more translations.

For extra developers, I should mention that LexiconHelper is now part of MyComponent. It does a fairly sophisticated check of all the lexicon strings in your code versus the ones in your lexicon files. It also will create those lexicon files for you if you do it right.
      Did I help you? Buy me a beer
      Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
      MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
      My MODX Extras
      Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
    • BobRay, I am not sure. I'll discuss with @theboxer, as he's the one with the deeper knowledge. I am more the messenger in this case.

It's free for open source projects however, I am not sure how it will work in relation to Revo. The tool itself is really nice to use as it doesn't require any knowledge of git or version control, it just requires people have access and knowledge.

That being said, if LexiconHelper is built into MyComponent, it may be a simpler way, for those using MyComponent and not having to deal with a 3rd party tool.
        Author of zero books. Formerly of many strange things. Pairs well with meats. Conversations are magical experiences. He's dangerous around code but a markup magician. BlogTwitterLinkedInGitHub
        • 24,544 Posts
        Thanks Jay. I'm assuming that many translators don't want to learn MyComponent (and there's no reason they should have to), so it sounds like this is a good way to go.

My main question is whether we all need to set up our own accounts there. It might be better if I, and other extra developers, can use the MODX account there, but I don't know if it's feasible or what steps would be necessary to use it.
          Did I help you? Buy me a beer
          Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
          MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
          My MODX Extras
          Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
        • We discussed this with the Crowdin folks and they told us that all Extras developers can open their own accounts. They said that all authors will be granted 10 projects automatically and if you need more, just ask. One of the key reasons we went with Crowdin is that they are super responsive and friendly. They are really keen to have Open Source projects on their service.

Author of zero books. Formerly of many strange things. Pairs well with meats. Conversations are magical experiences. He's dangerous around code but a markup magician. BlogTwitterLinkedInGitHub