We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 2,204 Posts
    Did anyone try to update from etomite including the docvars hack to mod-x?

I have a site that after one year of waiting goes live this or next week but its etobased including Docvars for the TV section
    Would I loose the DocVars when I update?

I do think so.

man I do want to update to modx but do not want to create all the tv’s (4 for each page) again.
    I anyone hase expirence with this please let me know.

Dimmy
      follow me on twitter: @dimmy01
    • LOL... how ironic because my site has the exact same issue. I’ve resolved myself to a total redesign.
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 2,204 Posts
        Quote from: rthrash at May 03, 2006, 01:39 PM

LOL... how ironic because my site has the exact same issue. I’ve resolved myself to a total redesign.

aahh that would take me day’s instead of minits to update.
          follow me on twitter: @dimmy01
        • I don’t see why it would be any more complicated than importing news stories from PostNuke or other similar data imports. Just need to read the data out of whatever docVar table structures there are and then store them into the TV structure. Something like the PostNuke Import Tool I started to author, and contributed here somewhere might be useful to get you jumpstarted, though you’d obviously need to understand both the source and target data structures well enough to modify the code for your purposes.

In fact, I’d like to tackle that as a proudly displayed utility or add-on for MODx; convert from Etomite DocVars! I hate for people to have to suffer like this when they really have little chance to know that MODx exists...or that DocVars was the original inspiration for what is now known as TemplateVars tongue If someone will add it to the task list in Flyspray as a feature request...