We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 25 Posts
    Currently is for rev. 2754 from SVN. Someone, please review and commit!
    http://modxcms.com/bugs/task/155
    • Incredibly cool ... thanks! laugh
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
      • And now for your next trick (thanks for volunteering to update the general manager language files in the bugtracker) please see this thread:

http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,14036.msg91872.html#msg91872

Thanks so much!
          Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
          Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
          • 1,611 Posts
          "Installator" sounds like the Terminator of installers... wink
            "Things are not what they appear to be; nor are they otherwise." - Buddha

"Well, gee, Buddha - that wasn't very helpful..." - ZAP

Useful MODx links: documentation | wiki | forum guidelines | bugs & requests | info you should include with your post | commercial support options
          • Quote from: ZAP at May 23, 2007, 06:54 PM

"Installator" sounds like the Terminator of installers... wink
            ROFLMAO -- indeed!

But seriously, this is an excellent contribution, and is being reviewed in-depth for probable inclusion in 0.9.6 final. If anyone, wants to make some quick language files to go in it (English and Russian are included so far), then go to this thread and post a translation ASAP. You can build and test your translation by downloading the install.zip embedded at http://modxcms.com/bugs/task/155.

Thanks to davaeron for getting this rolling...
              • 180 Posts
              This is a great addition!

I’m done with the swedish translation, but there is a small problem.

In a few places the program introduces errors in the plural form of some words. This is because the installer automatically inserts the ending to these words depending on the number of encountered errors for example.
              This is evident in lines 155, 156 and 157 in the language file which are used in action.summary.php line 189. There might be other places where this happens.
              Would it be possible to move the conditional into the language file? That way variances in different languages handling of plural endings can be accommodated. The above example will not work properly in swedish if we move only the endings into the language file due to different endings in different contexts.

I hope this makes sense...
                • 25 Posts
                Thank’s everyone.
                Quote from: ZAP at May 23, 2007, 06:54 PM

"Installator" sounds like the Terminator of installers...  wink
                grin
                Quote from: Pont at May 24, 2007, 01:13 AM

In a few places the program introduces errors in the plural form of some words. This is because the installer automatically inserts the ending to these words depending on the number of encountered errors for example.
                This is evident in lines 155, 156 and 157 in the language file which are used in action.summary.php line 189. There might be other places where this happens.
                Would it be possible to move the conditional into the language file? That way variances in different languages handling of plural endings can be accommodated. The above example will not work properly in swedish if we move only the endings into the language file due to different endings in different contexts.
                Thank you very much.
                Done this - installer updated - grab it here, updated at tracker too.
                Updated files - english.php, russian.php and action.summary.php

Anything else?
                  • 180 Posts
                  There is a mono-class used in the language file that isn’t defined in the css file. Maybe it’s on purpose. If so - can the classes be removed?

Suppose I choose to do an upgrade install and leave all choices unticked in the "Optional Items" page, click install, receives an error or two and then clicks Back. When I return to the "Optional Items" page the "Sample Web Site" option is ticked. This could lead to an unintentional install of the sample web site over the current one if I’m not paying attention.
                  Also - if i click Back one more time in the above example I end up on the "Connection Information" Page. Not on the "Installation Mode" page as expected. Is this the way it’s supposed to work?
                  • Quote from: Pont at May 24, 2007, 06:40 PM

Suppose I choose to do an upgrade install and leave all choices unticked in the "Optional Items" page, click install, receives an error or two and then clicks Back. When I return to the "Optional Items" page the "Sample Web Site" option is ticked. This could lead to an unintentional install of the sample web site over the current one if I’m not paying attention.
                    Also - if i click Back one more time in the above example I end up on the "Connection Information" Page. Not on the "Installation Mode" page as expected. Is this the way it’s supposed to work?
                    Several defects introduced into the installer logic were corrected and checked into SVN at revision 2760 in branches/0.9.6 and will merged in the next few minutes to trunk...